|Posted by Susan Frances on October 14, 2016 at 8:10 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Susan Frances on July 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM||comments (0)|
The July/August 2016 issue of BTS emag is available for free here:
|Posted by Susan Frances on May 12, 2016 at 12:35 AM||comments (0)|
The May/June 2016 issue of BTS emag is available for free here:
|Posted by Susan Frances on April 6, 2016 at 2:25 PM||comments (19)|
This Blog Hop has ended. All winners have been sent their prizes. Hope to see you again at another blog hop.
Welcome to the 5th Annual Authors in Bloom Blog Hop!
This hop will go on from April 7 - 16, 2016
The following garden tip comes from Brooklyn Botanical Gardens on their course Plants for Tree Beds:
Annuals, perennials, and bulbs can be beautiful additions to a tree bed but be mindful not to damage the tree's roots which can be thick and deep.
1) Never raise the soil level when you install new plants in a tree bed. This can rot the bark at the base of the trunk. Exposed tree roots need to be able to breathe and don't require layers of soil piled on top of them;
2) Use a hand cultivator (a three prong or fork tool) to loosen the soil around the tree but be careful not to damage or break the tree's root;
3) Select plants with small root systems such as pansies, paperwhites, and zinnias to put in the tree bed, making sure to keep them at least 6 inches from the tree trunk;
4) Choose plants that are able to thrive in the shade like begonias and don't require much water as the tree's roots will usurp most of the rainwater. Look for tags on plants that use such wording as "drought tolerant" and "good for xeriscaping;"
5) Place 1 to 2 inches deep of mulch (wood chips) to stop weeds from proliferating and to assist rainwater to seep into the soil and keep the plants moist and feed;
6) When watering the tree bed by hand, set the nozzle on your garden hose to the spray shower function and give the bed a gentle spritz;
7) Install a tree guard to protect the bed and hold the mulch and soil in place.
Enjoy your gardens.
Please leave a comment to enter my giveaway which is a free PDF copy of my novel The King Maker. You must leave your email address (replacing @ with [at] and .com with [dot] com to safeguard your email) in order to be considered for the grand prize.
GRAND PRIZE is a Kindle Fire or Nook (winner’s choice) along with a 2nd prize of $25 gift card. Only those visitors who visit EACH and EVERY stop along the hop will be eligible for the grand prize.
Winners will be posted on both the first stop (Dianne Venetta) and last stop (BloominThyme) websites.
Continue along the list of authors participating in this hop: http://www.linkytools.com/basic_linky_include.aspx?id=266872
|Posted by Susan Frances on March 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM||comments (9)|
This bog hop has ended and all winners have received their prizes. Thank you to everyone who participated.
�� Little Things Blog Hop ��
Hi everyone my name is Susan Frances and I am one of over 100 authors/bloggers/ on the Little Things Blog Hop! Make sure you visit each stop and enter the posted giveaway be sure to enter the amazing rafflecopter too which has a ton of prizes to be won!
For those of you who don’t know me, I am the author of The King Maker which you can find on Amazon. Be sure to look around my page. You are sure to find something you will love!
�� Giveaway for this stop: Free PDF copy of my contemporary romance novel The King Maker from Champagne Books.
�� To Enter:
➜ Be a follower of my page
➜ Like and Share this post
➜ Comment below with your favorite dessert or favorite St. Patrick's Day memory
�� Visit this next stop on the hop
�� Enter the Rafflecopter
�� Join the Little Things Blog Hop Event for more fun
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/562506680576207/
�� Link to all the Blog Hop spots http://theclubbookpromotions.blogspot.com/2016/02/LittleThingsBlogHop.html
Thank you for hopping by!
Winner (s) will be chosen by random and announced on this page and on the Little Things Event Page by April 6th.
FB is not in any way responsible or affiliated with this giveaway or the Little Things Blog Hop
#LittleThingsBlogHop #Rafflecopter #OverTwoHundredPrizes
Happy St. Patrick's Day
|Posted by Susan Frances on March 4, 2016 at 2:15 PM||comments (0)|
The 2016 March/April issue of BTS emag is available for free here:
|Posted by Susan Frances on January 17, 2016 at 9:35 PM||comments (0)|
The Romance Reviews is holding their Mega Anniversary Party from February 1 - 29, 2016. Participation is free. You can win free gifts from ebooks to promotional matieral by authors. Begin the party here: http://www.theromancereviews.com/event.php
|Posted by Susan Frances on January 1, 2016 at 9:10 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Susan Frances on November 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Susan Frances on October 19, 2015 at 1:45 PM||comments (0)|
Romance Reviews Year End Splash will be going on from November 1 - 30, 2015. http://www.theromancereviews.com/event.php